Internationally Educated Applicants

If you are an internationally educated dental hygienists and you wish to practice in Manitoba, you will be required to obtain practising registration with the College of Dental Hygienists of Manitoba (CDHM) before beginning any type of dental hygiene practice. To obtain your registration it is a requirement to write the National Dental Hygiene Certification Examination and complete a competency assessment with the CDHM (this assessment involves a clinical component). However, you do not need to complete the competency assessment if you are emigrating from the United States, have graduated from an accredited dental hygiene program, and also have practising registration in a state of the United States, as Canada has a reciprocal agreement with this country.

The following information will help guide you through the process to enable you to receive your registration with the College of Dental Hygienists of Manitoba.

Getting started
Posted by CDHM INFO On May - 11 - 2015

Terms of Use          © COPYRIGHT CDHM