Registration expires annually at midnight on January 14th (unless otherwise specified) and must be renewed prior to expiry.
In order to practice dental hygiene in Manitoba, applicants must be registered with the College of Dental Hygienists of Manitoba.
Dental hygienists may apply to be registered on the following registers:
- Register of Dental Hygienists (Practising)
In addition, registrants may apply to be registered on the following practice rosters and have the ability to practice the following skills:
- Oral (local) anaesthesia roster
- Orthodontic roster
- Restorative roster
- Extended Practice roster
GENERAL COMMENTS FOR NEW APPLICANTS:
- Allow 4 weeks prior to your employment start date for processing and review of your application.
- The completed application form is a legal document. It is advised to keep a copy for your files.
- Applicants residing in Manitoba may have documents certified as true copies by a Commissioner for Oaths or a Notary Public. If a Commissioner for Oaths is used, signatures must be accompanied by the Commissioner’s printed name and the expiry date of their commission. Stamps and/or seals may also be used. Persons (doctors or dentists) whom sign passports as references are not able to certify documents unless they are in fact a recognized Commissioner for Oaths or a Notary Public.
- Applicants residing outside Manitoba must have a lawyer/Notary Public certify necessary documents.
- Certification/Notarization of documents can be completed by taking the original documents and photocopies of the following with you:
- Photo identification: A driver’s license or passport can be used as satisfactory proof of identification.
- Certificate(s) of Completion from modules completed. (local anaesthesia, orthodontic, restorative)
- National Dental Hygiene Certification Board (NDHCB) certificate.
- The Board of Assessors established under The Dental Hygienists Act approves all applications for registration.
- Fees must accompany application forms with cheques being made payable to the “College of Dental Hygienists of Manitoba
- A flat rate fee of $30.00 is charged for N.S.F. or returned cheques
- A membership certificate/card with your registration number and receipt will be issued as soon as possible following completion of registration.
- Please contact the CDHM by phone or email if you have any questions regarding registration.
- Please send all forms and fees to: College of Dental Hygienists of Manitoba, 109-420 Des Meurons Street, Winnipeg, MB R2H2N9