At this time, the CDHM is extending a Call for Nominations for two (2) registered dental hygienists who are interested in serving on the CDHM Council for a three (3) year term (2016 – 2019). Council appeals to registrants from rural Manitoba to apply for at least one of the vacant positions as they strive to balance representation of the profession as a whole on council. Please note, information on per diems and travel expenses can be answered through the College.
The election to fill the Council vacancies will occur at the Annual General Meeting (AGM), planned for October 22, 2016.
Members who are eligible to serve on Council must:
- Be on the Register of Dental Hygienists (Practising or Non-Practising).
- Be in good standing on the date of the election.
- Have a minimum of two years practice of dental hygiene in Canada.
Now is the opportune time to consider the difference your participation on CDHM Council could make. If you or someone you know is interested in contributing their time, talent and wisdom to the growth of the College, please submit the following form to the CDHM office no later than Friday, July 22, 2016:
- Nomination and Biography Form: The nomination must be supported by at least three (3) voting members, together with the written consent of the person nominated.
In keeping with its commitment to governance excellence, Council is seeking individuals who have characteristics that support the goals and core values of the organization:
- Commitment to linking with the legal and moral ownership (the public and registrants of the College), understanding that the Council acts as stewards of the College on behalf of the entire moral ownership rather than specific individuals, interest groups or organizations.
- Ability to see the big picture and is willing to deal with the vision in the long term.
- Interest in and capability to discuss the values underlying the actions taken in the organization, and to govern through the broader formulation of those values.
- Moral courage and the willingness to value reasonable risk and innovation that furthers the organization.
- Willingness to delegate the operational detail to others.
- Ability and willingness to deal with the vision and the long term, rather than the day to day details.
- Ability and willingness to participate assertively in deliberation, while respecting the opinions of others.
- Willingness and commitment to honor council policies and decisions.
- Willingness to engage in the orientation, training and ongoing study and application of the Policy Governance® model of governance.
- Access to a working computer and computer savviness.
CDHM Council Role and Responsibilities:
- Attending all Council meetings and the AGM. Council meetings will be held 4 to 5 times per year at a time mutually agreeable to all.
- Providing governance and leadership to the College through administration of the Act, Regulations and By-Laws.
- Exercising the rights, powers and privileges of the College on behalf of the College.
- Establishing and monitoring registration and continuing competency requirements.
- Appointing and overseeing the work of the committees established.
- Establishing and monitoring Regulations, By-Laws, Standards of Practice and Competencies.
- Providing direction to the Registrar.
If you are a person willing, or someone who can encourage a colleague, to apply for a Council position please submit by mail, fax or email a nomination and biography forms to the CDHM Office that can be found on our website at www.cdhm.info
If Council work is not for you but you have an interest in volunteering for a working group, committee or individual task/events that the College may need assistance with please contact us at email@example.com
On behalf of the Nominations Committee,
Chair, Nominations Committee