At this time, the CDHM is extending a Call for Nominations for three (3) registered dental hygienists who are interested in serving on the CDHM Council for a three (3) year term (2014 – 2017) as indicated in the CDHM By-Law, Article VI. The election to fill the Council vacancies will occur at the 7th Annual General Meeting (AGM), planned for October 25, 2014.
Now is the opportune time to consider the difference your participation on CDHM Council could make. If you or someone you know is interested in contributing their time, talent and wisdom to the growth of the College, please submit the following form to the CDHM office no later than Friday, July 25, 2014:
- Nomination and Biography Form: The nomination must be supported by at least three (3) voting members, together with the written consent of the person nominated.
http://cdhm.info/PDFs/CDHM _CallforNominations_June2014.pdf (PDF)
http://cdhm.info/PDFs/CDHM _CallforNominations_June2013.doc (MS Word)
In keeping with its commitment to governance excellence, Council is seeking individuals who have characteristics that support the goals and core values of the organization:
- Commitment to linking with the legal and moral ownership. This includes an understanding that council members, individually and collectively, are stewards for the organization.
- Ability to think in terms of systems and context – to see the big picture.
- Interest in and capability to discuss the values underlying the actions taken in the organization, and to govern through the broader formulation of those values.
- Moral courage and the willingness to value reasonable risk and innovation that furthers the organization.
- Willingness to delegate the operational detail to others.
- Ability and willingness to deal with the vision and the long term, rather than the day to day details.
- Ability and willingness to participate assertively in deliberation, while respecting the opinions of others.
- Willingness and commitment to honor council policies and decisions.
- Commitment to withhold judgments in the absence of previously stated criteria.
- Willingness to engage in the orientation, training and ongoing study and application of the Policy Governance® model of governance.
Members who are eligible to serve on Council must:
- Be on the Register of Dental Hygienists (Practising or Non-Practising).
- Be in good standing on the date of the election.
- Have a minimum of two years practice of dental hygiene in Canada.
CDHM Council Role and Responsibilities:
- Attending all Council meetings and the AGM. Council meetings will be held 4 to 5 times per year at a time mutually agreeable to all.
- Providing governance and leadership to the College through administration of the Act, Regulations and By-Laws.
- Exercising the rights, powers and privileges of the College on behalf of the College.
- Establishing and monitoring registration and continuing competency requirements.
- Appointing and overseeing the work of the committees established.
- Establishing and monitoring Regulations, By-Laws, Standards of Practice and Competencies.
- Providing direction to the Registrar.
In addition, if you are interested in volunteering for a working group, committee or individual tasks/events that the College may need assistance with, please contact us by email at email@example.com
The Nomination and Biography Forms are available on our website at www.cdhm.info. Forms can be mailed, faxed or emailed and must be received by midnight on Friday July 25, 2014.
On behalf of the Nominations Committee,
Chair, Nominations Committee